How long does a 5kg turkey take to cook?
Cook for about 35 to 40 minutes per kilo. The 5kg bird in this recipe will take about 3 to 3½ hours. Check on your turkey every 20 minutes or so and keep it from drying out by basting it with the lovely juices from the bottom of the pan. After 2½ hours, remove the foil so the skin gets golden and crispy.
How long do you cook a 5 kg unstuffed turkey?
Roasting times for an unstuffed turkey:
- 6–8 lb (2.7–3.5 kg) 2 1/2–2 3/4 hours.
- 8–10 lb (3.5–4.5 kg) 2 3/4–3 hours.
- 10–12 lb (4.5–5.5 kg) 3–3 1/4 hours.
- 12–16 lb (5.5–7.25 kg) 3 1/4–31/2 hours.
- 16–20 lb (7.25–9.0 kg) 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours.
- 20–25 lb (9.0–11.25 kg) 4 1/2–5 hours.
How long does it take to roast a 5kg turkey at 180?
For Gordon’s classic roast turkey recipe with lemon, parsley and garlic, he roasts the unstuffed 5kg (11lb) turkey at 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 for 10-15 minutes, then the oven is reduced to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and the turkey is cooked for 2.5 hours. Use the guide below to cook your own bird.
How do I cook a 5kg turkey breast?
- Take the turkey breast out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for an hour.
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. …
- Weigh the turkey breast and calculate 40 mins per kilo, plus an additional 20 mins.
- Rub the butter over the skin and season well.
How long will a 4kg turkey take to cook?
Put in a roasting tin, breast-side up, and roast for 40 mins per 1kg for the first 4kg, then 45 mins for every 1kg over that weight, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C. For a turkey of this weight, the cooking time should be 3½-4 hrs.
Do you wash turkey before cooking?
Many consumers think that washing their turkey will remove bacteria and make it safer. However, it’s virtually impossible to wash bacteria off the bird. … The only way to destroy bacteria on your turkey is to cook it to a safe minimum internal temperature of 165 °F as measured with a food thermometer.
How long should I cook a 7 kg turkey?
You want to cook a higher-welfare bird for 25 to 30 minutes per kg and a standard bird is 35 to 40 minutes per kg. For a 7kg bird, cook it for just under 3 hours, basting several times with all the lovely juices in the tray and covering with foil when beautifully golden brown.
At what temperature do you cook a turkey?
Stick with a temperature of 325°F, which ensures the turkey gets cooked all the way without becoming overdone.
How do I keep my turkey from drying out?
“When roasting the whole bird, the key is to cook the legs longer than the breast,” Tommy says. “Once the breast is cooked, remove the legs and put them back in the oven. This stops the breasts drying out.”
Should I cover my turkey with foil while cooking?
Just make sure you uncover the lid about 30 minutes before the turkey’s done roasting so the skin has a chance to get crispy. … Covering the bird with foil mimics what a roaster lid would do — it traps steam and moistness so the turkey doesn’t dry out — all the while allowing the skin to crisp up.
How long does it take to cook a 3.4 kg turkey crown?
How to cook a turkey crown
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. …
- Put in a roasting tin skin-side up and roast for 70 mins plus 20 mins per kg, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and rest in a warm place for 20 mins.
How long does it take to cook a 2kg turkey breast?
Turkey Breast Joint Cooking Guide
- 2kg Turkey Breast Joint : 1 hour 40 minutes.
- 2.5kg Turkey Breast Joint : 2 hours.
- 4.5kg Turkey Breast Joint : 3 hours 20 minutes.
How long does a 2.5 kg turkey roll take to cook?
Cooking times will vary according to the weight of your Turkey or Turkey joint, but as a guide it is a good idea to allow 20 minutes per Kg, plus 70 minutes if the bird or joint is under 4Kg, or plus 90 minutes if it is over 4Kg, at a cooking temperature of 190°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
How do you cook turkey breast Jamie Oliver?
Place the turkey breast in a roasting tin, cover with tin foil and roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes (or 40 minutes per kilo), removing the foil for the last 20 minutes to allow the bacon to crisp up. Pierce the centre of the turkey and check that the juices run clear.