Boiled orange peel is a non-toxic and practically free air freshener, so try the timeless trick of simmering peels on the back of the stove — or in an open crock-pot — whenever you want a fresh scent. … Check from time to time and add more water so the pot doesn’t boil dry — that would definitely not smell good.
How do you boil orange peels to make it smell?
In a small saucepan with water and add the orange peels and cinnamon sticks. Bring it to a boil and then turn the heat down to simmer. Medium heat is perfect. Within minutes you home will start to smell heavenly!
Can you boil orange peels for aroma?
Orange peels as a home deodorizer
1. Boil 5-6 orange peels in a pot of hot water along with whatever other spices you’re in the mood for. Let the mixture simmer for a little bit. In the past I have added cinnamon with the peels for that fall aroma and then cloves and star anise in the spring.
What spices can I boil to make my house smell good?
10 Ingredients to Simmer to Make Your House Smell Like Christmas
- Cinnamon Sticks. …
- Cardamom Pods. …
- Whole Cloves. …
- Star Anise. …
- Citrus Peels. …
- Fresh Ginger. …
- Pine Sprigs. …
- Masala Chai Tea Bags.
What can I boil to freshen the air?
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, and add your favorite fruit cut into quarters, or several sprigs of garden-fresh herbs – or make a blend of both for your own signature scent. Reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 hours, and enjoy the aroma.
How long can you boil orange peels?
Place orange peels in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 20 minutes, drain and set aside.
What fruits can I boil to make my house smell good?
The Stovetop Simmer
- Cut any fruits, oranges and grapefruit are two of my favorites! …
- Add spices, extracts, and herbs—think cinnamon, rosemary, thyme, clove, etc.
- Fill your pot 3/4 the way with water, cover and bring to a boil.
- Once it reaches the boiling point, reduce to low and simmer—with the lid off!
Can you boil Pine Sol to make your house smell good?
Boil on low pine sol and water about half and half to make your house smell fresh!
Is it bad to boil Fabuloso?
“Cleaning products have chemicals in them that aren’t meant to be boiled,” Michels said. “When you boil them, they’re vaporized into the air and it could cause a lot of irritation for people. … If cleaning products like Fabuloso are ingested, they could cause an upset stomach or a burning sensation in your esophagus.