How long do you cook a stuffed Butterball turkey?
Butterball Turkey Cooking Times
- 4.5 – 7 lbs. Unstuffed: 2-2.5 hours. Stuffed: 2.25-2.75 hours.
- 7-9 lbs: Unstuffed: 2.5-3 hours. Stuffed: 2.75-4.5 hours.
- 9-18 lbs: Unstuffed: 3-3.5 hours. Stuffed: 3.75-4.5 hours.
- 18-22 lbs: Unstuffed: 3.5-4 hours. …
- 22-24 lbs: Unstuffed: 4-4.5 hours. …
- 24-30 lbs: Unstuffed: 4.5-5 hours.
How do I cook a Butterball stuffed turkey?
- Cook from Frozen. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Remove plastic bag. …
- Place breast on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Brush with oil to prevent drying. …
- Cook for 4 hours or until meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C).
- Let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes before removing the netting and slicing.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey per pound?
Calculate Turkey Cooking Time and Temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How long do you cook a 15 lb stuffed Butterball turkey?
I don’t know where this came from.
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Put the turkey in and and drop the remperature to 350°
- Cooke 13 minutes for each pound of turkey if empty, 15 minutes if stuffed.
- About 3 hours.
- Meat thermometer should read 180°F. Drumsticks should twist off easily.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325°F to 350°F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.
Should you wash a Butterball turkey?
They did, of course, belong to a turkey, and one of similar size. … You don’t need to wash a Butterball turkey? In fact, Miller said, doing so could spread bacteria around the kitchen. Open your packaged turkey in a clean sink, prepare it for cooking, and then clean your sink.
Is it safe to cook a thawed stuffed turkey?
DO NOT THAW a commercially pre-stuffed frozen turkey before cooking. If this product has been placed in the refrigerator, and it has completely thawed, discard both the turkey and the stuffing. … If there are ice crystals in the turkey and the stuffing is still frozen, it is safe to cook.
Do you cover a turkey when cooking?
To achieve that balance, the ideal is to let the bird spend time both covered and uncovered: We recommend covering your bird for most of the cooking time to prevent it from drying out, then removing the cover for the last 30 minutes or so to allow the skin to crisp.
How long do you cook a stuffed turkey at 325 degrees?
In a 325°F oven, here’s a rough guide for how long to cook a stuffed turkey from the pros at foodsafety.gov. These stuffed turkey cooking times have been tested and proven to work well by our Test Kitchen team: For 10- to 12-pound turkey, roast 3¼ hours to 3½ hours. For 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast 3½ to 4 hours.
Is it better to cook a turkey at a lower temperature?
A lower the rack will take more time to thaw. It’s absolutely critical that the turkey is completely thawed to be successful using a low-temperature, slow-bake recipe.
How long does it take to cook a 9lb stuffed turkey?
Approximate Timetable for Roasting a Turkey at 350°F (177°C)*
|8 – 10 lbs (3.6 – 4.5 kg)||2 h 40 min – 3 h 30 min|
|11 – 13 lbs (5.0 – 5.9 kg)||3 h 40 min – 4 h 20 min|
|14 – 16 lbs (6.4 – 7.3 kg)||4 h 40 min – 5 h 20 min|
|17 – 19 lbs (7.7 – 8.6 kg)||5 h 40 min – 6 h 20 min|