Put in a roasting tin skin-side up and roast for 70 mins plus 20 mins per kg, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C. Remove the turkey from the oven and rest in a warm place for 20 mins.
How long does it take to cook a 3 kilo turkey?
How long to cook a turkey
- 3kg (6lb), 1¾ – 2 hours, Up to 60 mins, 4-6.
- 4kg (8lb), 2 – 2¼ hours, Up to 60 mins, 6.
- 5kg (10lb), 2¼ – 2½ hours, Up to 60 mins, 8.
- 6kg (12lb), 2½ – 2¾ hours, Up to 60 mins, 8.
- 7kg (14lb), 2¾ -3 hours, Up to 60 mins, 8-10.
- 9kg (18lb), 3½ – 4 hours, Up to 60 mins, 10-14.
How long does it take to cook a 3.5 kg turkey?
For a 3.5kg-5kg (8lb-11lb) turkey allow 1¾-2¼ hours total. For a 5.4kg-6.3kg (12lb-14lb) turkey allow about 2½ hours. For a 6.75kg-9kg (15lb-20lb) turkey allow about 3 hours.
How long do I cook a turkey for?
Calculate Turkey Cooking Time and Temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb turkey), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How long do I cook a 7 kg turkey?
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. 3. You want to cook a higher-welfare bird for 25 to 30 minutes per kg and a standard bird is 35 to 40 minutes per kg. For a 7kg bird, cook it for just under 3 hours, basting several times with all the lovely juices in the tray and covering with foil when beautifully golden brown.
Do I need to take turkey out of fridge before cooking?
Get your turkey out of the fridge 30 minutes before you cook it. You’ll get less shrinkage when it goes into a hot oven. Always preheat your oven for at least 20 minutes before cooking your turkey.
How long do you cook a turkey per kg?
Work out the cooking time
- allow 45 minutes per kg plus 20 minutes for a turkey under 4.5kg.
- allow 40 minutes per kg for a turkey that’s between 4.5kg and 6.5kg.
- allow 35 minutes per kg for a turkey of more than 6.5kg.
What temp should I take my turkey out?
According to the Department of Agriculture, a turkey must reach 165 degrees F to be safe, but you can take it out of the oven as low as 160 degrees F because the temperature will rise at it rests.
How long do I cook a boneless turkey crown?
How to cook a turkey crown
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. …
- Put in a roasting tin skin-side up and roast for 70 mins plus 20 mins per kg, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and rest in a warm place for 20 mins.
How long does a 2.5 kg turkey crown take to cook?
2.5kg – 2 hours. 3kg – 2 hours 10 minutes.
How long will it take to cook a 4kg turkey?
Put in a roasting tin, breast-side up, and roast for 40 mins per 1kg for the first 4kg, then 45 mins for every 1kg over that weight, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C. For a turkey of this weight, the cooking time should be 3½-4 hrs.